tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Sunday, September 30

32k in the rain.

On the day of dreadful weather like today, it's essential to make a prior appointment with other runner fellows, otherwise I would have skipped this long run today.

Thanks to the company by Jason and Neil, Paddy and I did 32k and Christian 38k (with 4:30 pace!!), despite the rain, muddy road and headwind sometimes.

This made my weekly mileage 123km, monthely mileage 393.5km. Considering that I had injured weeks, I should be happy about these numbers.

In the evening, I got trial acupuncture by Russ. I thought I should do something for my quad after this high mileage weekend because it was getting tight these days. It was the first time for me so I was a bit scared, but it was fine and he gave me many useful advieses. He did something (I couldn't see what he was doing...just too scary) for loosening my tight muscles. I hope it will work on my problem.

On the last words for today....
Congratulations to Gebrselassie! 2:04:26 a new marathon world record!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 01, 2007, Blogger Christian said...

indeed, prior appointments are crucial... thanks mika for organizing today's run! i omit comments about the fun factor, but it was a good fight (btw: 36k only)

 
At October 01, 2007, Blogger mika t. said...

It must have been a quite tough one for you. Well done again for your determined effort!

 
At October 03, 2007, Blogger MilesandMiles said...

I am so happy geb did it!! i was hoping he would pull it off in Berlin or Dubai in January! now the pressure is off he might surprise himself ,,, like you:)

Do you realise his marathon pace is 70 odd seconds per lap... A sprint for us !

 
At October 05, 2007, Blogger mika t. said...

I have never run 400m in 70 seconds. I think I can only keep his pace for 200m, anaerobic exercise for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home