tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Monday, October 29

39k, failure.

Today's run supposed to be the last long run and the longest run before Tokyo Women's. However, it turned out to be a failure attempt.

I started at the National Stadium with Motozo and ran with pretty good pace (4:50/k) up to 3rd lap of the Imperial Palace, but during the 4th lap, I started to feel heavy on my stomach. Digestion problem! I know the feeling, I have experienced it twice during marathon races. Once I have it, I just can't run anymore. I had to slow down, and then, to walk. I walked and slow-jogged back to the National Stadium. I think I ate breakfast too close to the starting time. Short of sleep for these 3 days might have affected in some way, too. Anyway, my last chance to do a long run was screwed like this. Bad day...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At October 29, 2007, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

That's a shame Mika. I'm sorry it didn't go well for you. But I'm sure you'll be fine on the day!

 
At October 29, 2007, Blogger mika t. said...

I am glad that it wasn't the race day. Eat earlier. Sleep well. Than's important.

 
At October 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mika,
every glitch which happens during training is a good lesson. don't worry, you know how to avoid such things and it will not happen during race day... Head up, everything will fall into place!

Joachim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home