tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Saturday, May 6

GW, run, bike and run/swim.

Wednesday, 1000m x 6 at Oda field. Struggled to make under 4 min each time. I am definitely losing running speed. Dinner and Karaoke afterwards with Namban mates were so much fun!

3:47
3:51
3:55
3:57
3:53
3:56

Thursday, went out for a bike ride with Keren, Stu and Denis in Itsukaichi-Hinohara-Kosuge-Okutama area. Perfect weather for a bike ride. We did over 100km with 5 big hills. Compared to those iron guys, I am outstandingly slow at uphills, but somehow I am fast at downhill, which you only need daredevil-ness. Anyway I really enjoyed the day.

Friday, no training.

Saturday, TELL race. I did 10km and came 5th. Time was 43:14. Pretty slow, but I am happy to get a Nike bag and Roti dinner ticket. Keren made under 40min. He is definitely reaching to the higher level as a ruuner. A bit jealous, but he deserves it considering how hard he is training for the IM. After the race I went to Tokyo Taiikukan for a swim. I enjoyed a relaxed 1.2km swim.

◎Run: 10km (Wed), 10km (Sat)
◎Bike: 110km (Thu)
◎Swim: 1.2km (Sat)

2 Comments:

At May 07, 2006, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Mika,
Congratulations on the 5th place. I bumped into Carol at the station today and was surprised to hear she came 3rd and you 5th in the 10k. Good result for her, but as you say, it shows that the triathlon training is sloing down your running a bit. But it doesn't matter because you sound to be really enjoying the variety, especially the daredevil downhills.

 
At May 07, 2006, Blogger mika t. said...

Thanks Steve. Carol is always faster than me (e.g. she beat me at Obuse last year), so no surprise at all. But I feel that my next step for a runner is to improve my 10k and 5k time at the track. After my holiday triathlon, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home