tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Monday, January 5

Post Tokyo Women's training (for Osaka Ladies Marathon)

Although I stopped writing this blog for a long time, I continued my marathon training after Tokyo Women's.

●Week1 (Nov. 17 - 23)
The recovery week from TW's. Therefore total mileage was 11km. Had some pain in my right shin.

●Week2 (Nov.24 - 30)
Despite the niggle in my shin, I ran 10km at FIT charity race on Monday and came in 3rd. No pain. 5000m TT on Wednesday and timed 20:22. Not bad. 20km pace run on Saturday with Harriers and timed 1:30:20, finishing strong. Total mileage 60.2km.

●Week3 (December1 - 7)
Coming back to the regular marathon training programme. One off, two easy jogs, one track session (failure), one hardish pace run and one long run at Okutama Ekiden course. Total mileage 99.7km

●Week4 (December8 - 14)
Started to focus on mileage. Two easy jogs, one build-up run, one fartlek, one track session, one 3 x 5000m (22:30/21:31/20:29) and one long run (38km). Total mileage 123km.

●Week5 (December 15- 21)
Even more mileage. Two easy jogs, one build-up run, one track session (in the cold rain), one fartlek, one 10 mile pace run (w. 4:20/k pace) and one 40.5km long run. Total mileage 130.6km

●Week6 (December 22- 28)
Less mileage and harder workouts. Two off's (due to work and too much fatigue), two jogs, one 1/2 M time trial (1:32:56), one 5000m (21:04) and one 30km pace run with 4:30/k pace, timed 2:14:45. Total mileage 97.5km

●Week7 (December 29 - January 4)
Fun, but super high mileage week (for me). Monday, Hakone Ekiden 5-ku run (25k). Tuesday, Kamakura trail run (22k). Wednesday, easy jog (12k). Thursday, Jan. 1, run to the beach in Ibaraki to watch the sunrise (23k). Friday, easy jog (14.5k). Saturday, easy jog (8.5k). Sunday, mostly slow long run (45km). Total mileage 150km!

My legs are dead after the 45km run, but no sign for injury so far. Some more recovery time is needed for my legs.

And now, 3 weeks to go to Osaka (already!).

1 Comments:

At March 17, 2009, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Mika,

I'm surprised there are no comments on this post. It speaks of an extremely dedicated build-up to Osaka and some fun along the way. As for my silence, well, I have simply drifted away from blogging and reading blogs starting when I changed jobs at the start of last year. Anyway, nice to see you had a great build-up and solid result at Osaka. Good luck with Tokyo.

Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home