tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Tuesday, January 16

Brief update.

115km/week.

Considering the intensive work situation after long new year holiday, I think this is not so bad mileage. However, the mileage is the only thing I can proud of. I failed Wed pace run (only kept up with 4:15 pace until 6k), and I also slowed down at the 35km Palace run (supposed to build up the pace but after 5th lap, I couldn't even keep the pace).

iPod Nike plus.


I got this new toy at the end of last year and just started playing with it. First, it's no accurate! Even after calibration, it insisted 5.45km for one lap of the Palace. I calibrated again, then it said 4.65km for a lap of the Palace. Nevertheless, I will calibrate it at the track tomorrow, hoping to make it better!

Despite its inaccuracy, it's fun to hear what it talks to you.

3 Comments:

At January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that's pretty good mileage Mika. I'm sure it will show up in those pace runs in a week or two.

You bought the nano gadget! That means you had to buy special Niek shoes too right!? I'm surprised you would fall such marketing manipulation ;-) I hope you can get it accurate though. My Polar footpod gives me accuracy to within about 1% when it is calibrated properly. Keep in mind that the accuracy might also depend on the pace that you calbrated it at. In other words, if you run 5:00/km when you calibrate, it may be not be accurate when you run at 4:15/km. What kind of things does it say to you?

 
At January 16, 2007, Blogger mika t. said...

Perhaps I hypnotised myself by writing sales promotion emails for Apple every 2 weeks. I am so easy.

I don't have to buy Nike shoes. I use an attachment case for the sensor.

 
At January 25, 2007, Blogger spiridon said...

I wish I could run half of that distance...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home