tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Tuesday, November 7

The verdict.

The final race pace run at Tamagawa on Sunday turned out to be a fiasco. I couldn't keep the planned pace until the end of the 10k mark while I was trying to run 25k. I talked to coach Brett, and we finally verdicted that I am not ready for the primary target and need to set the realistic target. Fine. I am rather relieved than disappointed somehow.

Nevertheless, I will run for my new PB in the race. Gambarimasu. :-)

◎Last week's training

Mon: 7.3k jog
Tue: no run
Wed: 1000m x 6 + jog, 14k total
Thu: 10k jog
Fri: 16k aerobic run
Sat: 2k + 2k + 1k @ 4:15 pace
Sun: Failed pace run, 21k total

Week total 75.7k

3 Comments:

At November 07, 2006, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Sorry to hear that the pace run did not go to plan. Good luck setting the new target -- selecting the correct pace for the marathon is a big job in itself. I'm sure you can still get a solid PB! Ganbarimashou!

 
At November 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... besides Tokyo Ladies is only the first and slowest of your marathon series so you can still shave 3 minutes at each marathon!
And dont forget to eat 50 pieces of sushi like Naoko Takahashi :)
Arnaud

 
At November 08, 2006, Blogger mika t. said...

Steve, now I am feeling comfortable with the new race plan. It sounds to me quite right.

Arnaud, I would rather eat 2kg of steak than 50 pieces of Sushi. In Tokyo, it will be interesting to watch the race of Takahashi vs. Tosa. I wish I could watch it live...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home