tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Monday, January 8

Highest mileage for a week.

Yesterday, I joined Magical Mystery Tour of Tokyo #2 with Brett, Bob, Keren and Jay. We started with very relaxed pace, perhaps over 5min per k pace, then gradually increased the speed, but not so much. At the final 5k, I got sick and had to slow down but others were running strongly at the finish.

The course was great. We mostly took foot paths and trails along the river. I was amazed that there were so many paths in Setagaya-ku.

Including this 32km run, I managed 126km for a week, the highest mileage I have ever made for a week. It's mostly because of this new year holiday, but I will try keep over 100km weeks for this months.

8 Comments:

At January 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! thats 3 times Jay's mileage!!

I would love to join you some days on one of these MM tokyo Tour! I thought YoYogi was the only long run course !

Arnaud

 
At January 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mika, great mileage! I think you will have a great Tokyo. I cannot take it for granted that I'll finish ahead of you! Should I use my secret alcohol breath weapon again? ;-)

 
At January 09, 2007, Blogger Ewen said...

That's equal to the biggest week I've ever run. You're a better runner than I was, as I could only run 3:11 back then.

Be careful...

 
At January 09, 2007, Blogger GKK said...

Hey Mika - do you see you're in a magazine? "Runners" - a little story on you. Well done with the high mileage. I just read a book by Derek Clayton - former marathon WR holder - he said he'd run a marathon for training once a week for 10 weeks before the marathon he was going to race. No wonder he had surgery 8 times!

 
At January 10, 2007, Blogger mika t. said...

Steve, no alcohle breath, never evver again!!!!

 
At January 10, 2007, Blogger GKK said...

Silly me, just read why you're in the mag

 
At January 12, 2007, Blogger mika t. said...

Gordon, thanks for finding me in the magazine anyway. Yes, I usually write for the magazine, but they sometimes try to use me as an interviewee because it's easy. I prefer being an interviewer side, though.

 
At January 12, 2007, Blogger GKK said...

The marathon guide looks handy (the main reason I bought the mag). Pity they wrote "Gide" instead of "Guide" on the cover. Same thing happens in adverts for the newspaper I work for - we get ads with unreadable English on them, and I can't work out why people don't think to check an electronic dictionary/friend/internet to make sure a word is spelt correctly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home