tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Tuesday, July 18

100km week.

After my first triathlon, I started a training programme for an autumn marathon, gradually increasing mileage week by week. And last week was my first 100km week for this time. Tough as the weather has been so hot, but I could manage 106km.

I also ran a track race on Saturday, Yumenoshima nighter track meet, and ran embarrassingly bad time for both 1500m and 5000m, the worst time for these 2 years. It was a hot day (35 degree) but above all my motivation was very poor.

Another 100k weeks to go!!!

Mon: 15k jog
Tue: 10.6k jog
Wed: 14k jog and track workout
Thu: 15k jog
Fri: 17.6k jog
Sat: 13.5k track race and jog
Sun: 21k jog

Week total: 106.7k

Mon: Rest, just too tired!

3 Comments:

At July 18, 2006, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

hmmm...100+ km weeks at this time of year? Are you sure about this program?

 
At July 19, 2006, Blogger mika t. said...

I am jogging with very easy pace now as I am only focusing on distance at the moment. This is the period to build a base for harder training in the future. Let's see.

 
At July 19, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

Well as long as you remain motivated and don't melt in the heat or rain - it is impressive that you are doing 100k.

Thanks again for your kindness and expertise on the registration matter. In the end we can always count on you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home