tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Monday, June 19

A sore throat.

After the tri, I caught a cold and have had sore throat for whole one week. Since I started triathlon training, I catch a cold so often, 3 times within 2 and a half months is too much, I think. I wonder why. I train much much less than when I train for a marathon, and I sleep sufficiently these days, so it's hard to say my immune strength is going down because of the triatholon training. Then why? Do I get some infection from the swimming pool water when I swim? Or am I simply getting weaker because of aging? Do I have some another health problem? A bit scary to think about...

Saturday 7.5km jog
Sunday 13.5km aerobic pace
Week total: 43km

3 Comments:

At June 20, 2006, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Mika, I think sometimes we just have our ups and downs. There were definitely some nasty little bugs around this past winter and spring. I guess some are still hanging around. Maybe you are not catching different ones but the same one keeps coming back. Try to focus on eating immune-boosting foods for a while. Even just popping a vitamin C every day for a few weeks will help.

 
At June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

風邪をひきやすいのはなぜだろう?
うちの姫も千駄ヶ谷のプールへ良くいくけど、しかもベジタリアンで栄養状態がミカさんに比べ良いとわ言えないけど、風邪は引きません。だいたい運動を始めてから引かなくなったのに、ひきやすいのは、わかった!ビタミンCをちゃんと摂っていますか?Cは運動にも使われるし、万病に効くサプリです!

 
At June 20, 2006, Blogger mika t. said...

Steve and Shoji-san, thank you for your advises. Vitamin-C, OK, I will try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home