tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Friday, May 19

Is bike bad for running?

Wednesday, I went to regular Namban track workout and joined 1000m x 6 intervals. During the 4th one, I got cramp for my calves and hamstrings for both legs and had to pull out from the session. Couldn't see the reason why this occured to me. Hmmm, maybe because I am not fully recovered from the cold last week (still some symptoms remain)? Or more likely, the hard bike workout last Sunday made my legs worn out? But it had been already 2days since that.

Steve and Gareth's verdict:
"Bike is bad for running, you are going into the dark side".

Maybe, but the darkside always looks sexier.

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2006, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Might come back to electrolyte imbalance, a commonly quoted reason for cramp -- try etting some magnesium and calcium. Maybe it has just been too long since running at that intensity. It is hard to say. I am always getting cramps in feet, but not actually when running. I don't mind you going to the dark side for a little while, but don't stay too long!

 
At May 19, 2006, Blogger mika t. said...

Thanks, I will try eating bananas while I am staying the dark side of the moon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home