tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Wednesday, July 1

Murakami Triathlon, the mission completed


Last Sunday, I went out to Murakami for 51.5k triathlon with Ma to overcome Niijima swim DNF, and the mission was happlily completed. Here is the report I posted to Namban (my running club) list.
--------------------------
2:43:51 71st overall, 1st AG
S 35:59 131st
B 1:21:16 77th
R 46:36 51st
This race wasn't on my annual race calendar until I had a traumatic Niijima experience. I decided to do this because I just couldn't leave it without doing anything. Therefore, my mission for this race was to finish and I am happy to be able to do so this time.
Swim
The sea was very calm and flat, and thanks to the Kamakura swim with Jay, David and Ma a week ago, I didn't have fear in the water anymore. I started at the very end of crowd to avoid any brutal battle and made sure to myself to start very, very slowly. About 10 minutes after, I found myself feeling comfortable in the sea, and also picking up the pace a little by little. I comleted 1.5k without problem and even had 4 minute PB.
Bike
The course was mostly straight and flat, and all you need to cope with was the wind. I regret that I didn't bring Keren's DH bar that I have been keeping for a long time. But after the turn around point, we had fabulous tail wind all the time. I was also lucky to have a woman company all the time. I had to work hard to keep up with her. Without transition, I think my bike time was about 75minutes. (Need to work more on transition!)
Run
The heat was the factor. Also I was afraid of having a cramp in my leg, but thanks to the electrolyte tab Mary gave me, it didn't happen to me this time. And maybe because of IM training these days, 10km run felt quite short for me, but it doesn't necessarily mean I could run faster, unfortunately.
I won my age group (out of only 5 people) and had 5kg of rice. Nice bonus! I like triathlons because of this! :-D



------------------------------
On the final note, thanks to Ma, Motozo, Meg, Adam, David S., Ben, Tony, Vanessa and Tomoko for sharing a good time there.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At July 01, 2009, Blogger Jay said...

Great job winning the rice Mika - you deserve it. I am so glad you could do Murakami and put the Niijima trauma behind you.

I think I will always find the frenzy of crowded open-water swimming to be a bit unsettling, but it is nice to feel reasonably confident and be able to focus on improving/enjoying other aspects of the triathlon.

 
At July 02, 2009, Blogger mika t. said...

Thank you Jay. I learned that start-slow-pick-up-the-pace-later principle works on swimming, too. It's pretty enjoyable.

 
At July 06, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

おめでとう1位!!すごいね〜 すごいね〜 お米までもらって、おつかれさんでした。これで8月のアイロンマンも大丈夫だね。go go mika!!

 
At January 31, 2010, Anonymous キース said...

Hi Mika
Do you use Suunto HRM during your training? Where can you get them and accessories in tokyo? Thanks.

 
At February 18, 2010, Blogger mika t. said...

Hi キース (are you the キース I know???)、

I don't use Suunto. I have never done HR training.

You can get them at big sports shops like Art Sports, I guess.

Art Sports
http://www.art-sports.co.jp/help/shoplist.html

 
At February 23, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Am relatively new here so probably not. Thanks for the URL.

Most athletes use Polar in Japan?

How do you assess your training then if not with a HRM?

Just got to know that Suunto Japan sponsors 寛平さん.

 
At November 15, 2018, Blogger dokdok said...

• กำจัดขน
• กระตุ้นการผลิตคอลลาเจนชูกระชับผิวหน้า (Tightening) หายไปริ้วรอยช่วยทำให้ผิวเรียบเนียน
• รอยหลุมสิวตื้นขึ้นและก็รูขุมขนกระชับขึ้นผิวหน้าละเอียดแล้วก็เรียบเนียน
• รักษาสิวอักเสบรอยแดงจากสิวหรือเส้นเลือดฝอยที่เปลี่ยนไปจากปกติ
• ลดความหมองคล้ำผิวกระจ่างขาวใสดูอ่อนกว่าวัย
• กำจัดเส้นโลหิตขอดแล้วก็เส้นเลือดฝอย
• รักษาเส้นโลหิตขอดเล็กๆได้โดยไม่ต้องเสียเวล่ำเวลาผ่าตัด ไม่ต้องนอนพัก แต่ว่าบางทีอาจจะต้องทำต่อเนื่องกันบ่อยก็เลยจะได้ประสิทธิภาพที่ดี


เลเซอร์ขนขา
เลเซอร์รักแร้
เลเซอร์บิกินี
เลเซอร์ กำจัดขนหน้า
เลเซอร์ กำจัดขน รักแร้

 

Post a Comment

<< Home