tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Tuesday, July 17

Rest.

The damage from yesterday's ride & run was bigger than I thought and I am totally worn out today. So I skipped the swim and took complete rest.

Meanwhile, I would like to report my post anaemia condition. Still, I am not feeling 100% fit when I run, but I gave up troubling about it and settled my mind to just keep taking iron tabs everyday. Now, I am taking around 30 to 40 mg of iron everyday plus vitamin C, plus multi vitamin. Patience and steadiness, that's all I need.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 18, 2007, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Mika, from my understanding, 30-40 mg of iron is a very high dosage. Are you sure that is OK, and if so, for how long are you allowed to maintain it? The iron supplements I have are only 3mg per tab and other people have warned me about not overdoing iron intake. All things can be toxic in too high a dosage, even oxygen and water.

 
At July 18, 2007, Blogger mika t. said...

Yes, but my prescribed iron tab was 100mg, I know 100mg is too much without prescription, but since I still feel low iron symptoms, I think I need it more than normal people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home