tokyo running days

A marathoner / newbie triathlete's training blog.

Tuesday, February 6

Quick update.

January monthly mileage was 472.6km in the end. Shame it didn't reach to 500km, but they are only numbers.

I ran Kanagawa Half Marathon on 4 Feb. I was feeling easy with the pace for a 90 min. half marathon until 17km, then suddenly got cramp on my left achilles, then all the way up to calf, then hams, and it made me stop and walk for 1km. Shame, but concidering how I felt until 17km, I am not so disappointed. I know the reason. I had a crazy sleepless week due to work. Nothing I could do about it.

And now I still got some pain in my both achilles. I am very anxious, but still got time to heal before the race. I am trying to be optimistic!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2007, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

Mika, get some topical anti-inflammatory cream or solution and apply liberally and often to your achilles hot spots, especially before bed. I suppose the poultice would work too, but it is a difficult place to make it stick, so thats why the lotion might be better. I bought one that is actually for kata-kori, but it seems to have helped my sore knee.

 
At February 07, 2007, Blogger mika t. said...

Thanks, Steve.

I have been using the poultice for two nights (I have strong religion on this paticular poultice, other staff just don't work for me) and I think it's working. Today, I am feeling much bettter. So will try to run at the track and see how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home